Natural vs. Chemical Treatment
- New! Back-to-School Season Brings Heightened Need for Lice Prevention
- New! Five Items Your Child Should Bring to Summer Camp
- What are head lice?
- What is a nit?
- Head lice and other human lice
- Natural vs. chemical treatment
- Removal service vs. do it yourself
- To tell or not to tell
- How to check for head lice
- 24-hour action plan for head lice
- Head lice removal video
- Where to buy Happyheads
If your child has head lice, you will no doubt want an effective lice cure right away. It is natural to want to run to the pharmacy and purchase the most readily available product. But wait! Take a breath and remember that the safety of your child comes first.
Although head lice are a terrible nuisance, can cause discomfort and have a huge YUCK factor, they are otherwise totally harmless. Head lice do not spread disease or cause illness. So, a little extra time to do your research and choose a safe head lice treatment is the way to go.
Top reasons to AVOID chemical lice treatments and choose a natural lice treatment:
Over-the-counter lice shampoos and lice sprays that contain pesticide poisons such as Pyrethrum or permethrin and pipernoyl butoxide are now considered to be carcinogenic.
In addition, these pesticide poisons are NOT 100% effective in treating head lice. Many lice have become alarmingly resistant to these chemicals and are now “super lice.” These products also claim to kill lice eggs (nits), but often do not.
Happyheads® Bye-Bye Lice Nontoxic Treatment Shampoo contains no pesticides and is safe for all ages. Its enzyme-based formula is 100% effective in killing lice within seconds, and lice can’t become resistant to it, no matter how often it is used.
Over-the-counter lice shampoos and lice sprays that contain pesticide poisons are especially dangerous for children. These products can absorb into the scalp and poisons can accumulate in the body. Children have immature immune systems and are more vulnerable to these chemicals than adults. Pesticide based lice shampoos have been linked to cancer, asthma attacks and autism. Just one exposure to these chemicals can predispose a child to terrible illness.
If your child suffers from asthma, is sensitive to ragweed or has any open sores on the scalp, AVOID these products. If you are pregnant, AVOID these products.
Happyheads® Bye-Bye Lice Nontoxic Treatment Shampoo is FDA registered as a medical device for the treatment of head lice. Happyheads is pH balanced, 100% biodegradable, hypoallergenic, pleasant smelling and safe and effective for all ages.
Over-the-counter lice shampoos and lice sprays may contain “inert” ingredients including isopropyl alcohol and propylene glycol that are equally as dangerous as the pesticide poisons. These ingredients can cause skin irritation, dermatitis, seizures, nausea, stinging and redness.
If your child is found to have head lice, be sure to do your research. Learning about head lice requires you to be calm, but abundant information is available on this website, and elsewhere online. Purchasing products that may harm your child—because these are widely known and available—is not necessary. Head lice are not dangerous, but the treatment you choose could be.